Generation No. 1
1. WILLIAM1 SKELTON was born 1743 in Virginia, and died 1825 in Warrick County, IN. He married SARAH BECK OR SCALES in Mecklenburg County, VA. She was
born 1750 in Gibson County, IN, and died 1818 in Gibson County, IN.
Notes for WILLIAM SKELTON:
Notes for SARAH BECK OR SCALES:
SARAH'S SURNAME HAS BEEN STATED BECK WITH THE ROSTER OF S.C. PATRIOTS AND WAS SCALES WITH THE WM/SARAH SKELTON OF VA AT GENEALOGY.COM. THE OTHER INFO HERE COMES FROM THE SAME SITE.
More About SARAH BECK OR SCALES:
Burial: 1818, Old Providence Cemetery, Gibson County, VA.
Child of WILLIAM SKELTON and SARAH BECK OR SCALES is:
2. i. ZACHERIAH2 SKELTON, b. 1784, Union County GA; d. December 22, 1856, Warrick County, IN.
Generation No. 2
2. ZACHERIAH2 SKELTON (WILLIAM1) was born 1784 in Union County, GA, and died December 22, 1856 in Warrick County, IN. He met ELIZABETH JULIAN SCALES December 18, 1839 in Warrick County, IN, daughter of THOMAS SCALES and PRUDENCE PEAVEY. She was born 1814 in possibly Clarke County, GA.
Generation No. 3
3. MARY A.3 SKELTON (ZACHERIAH2, WILLIAM1) was born September 17, 1844, and died November 17, 1924 in Garrison Cemetery, Skelton Twp., Warrick County, IN. She met ANANIAS COFFEE February 28, 1866 in Warrick County, IN, son of JOHN COFFEE and MARTHA GRAY. He was born January 29, 1846 in Warrick County, IN, and died August 28, 1897 in Warrick County, IN.
Generation No. 4
4. ANNA JANE4 COFFEY (MARY A.3 SKELTON, ZACHERIAH2, WILLIAM1) was born November 23, 1883 in Warrick County, IN, and died December 4, 1937 in Warrick County, IN. She married JAMES HARVE LESLIE, son of JOHN LESLIE and SARAH GARRISON. He was born October 9, 1878, and died September 2, 1953 in Hollis Nursing Home.
Children of ANNA COFFEY and JAMES LESLIE are:
i. ROSCO5 LESLIE, b. December 17, 1908.
ii. RAYMOND LESLIE, b. May 8, 1911.
iii. HALLIE LESLIE, m. UNKNOWN LABBERT.
iv. HAROLD LESLIE, b. October 15, 1918.
v. PEARL LESLIE, m. UNKNOWN ADAMS.
vi. WOODROW LESLIE.
vii. OTTO LESLIE, b. 1904; d. 1970, Warrick County, IN; m. REATIS MAY BRUNER, May 26, 1923; b. 1904; d. November 26, 1974, Tennyson, IN.
viii. FEMALE LESLIE, b. March 20, 1916.
If you have questions or problems with this site, email the County Coordinator. Please to not ask for specfic research on your family. I am unable to do your personal research. I do not live in Indiana and do not have access to additional records.